Prices from - To Be Determined
Former Chalk Quarry, Lake Park, Lower Street, Needham Market
Welcome to Hopkins Homes’ community liaison service website for the Lake Park development on land off Lower Street, Needham Market. Here you will find the latest news from the development and updates on upcoming work at the site. At the bottom of this page, you will also find answers to FAQs that will be updated as the development progresses.
The Lake Park development will create 266 new homes, 27 of which will be affordable on land off Lower Street, Needham Market. The development will include a range of one to four bedroom houses together with public open space. The final masterplan for the site is shown below.
This development is being built by Hopkins Homes, one of the largest independent house builders in East Anglia. We pride ourselves on the quality of the homes we create and the strength of our links to the local community.
We expect to start work on site in November with the first houses becoming available for sale in Late 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I get in touch with the site team?
Q: Will I be affected by construction on site?
Q: What times will work take place on site?
Please be aware that our construction teams often arrive shortly before these times, but are aware of the construction start times.
Q: What contribution will Hopkins Homes be making to the local community?
We understand that this is a sizeable development and so bound within our planning permission are the following contributions:
• £500,000 - Community Facilities Contribution (£200k for improvement of scout hut, £200k for improvement to drainage system & pavilion at Crowley Park, £100k improvements to all weather tennis and 5-a-side pitches at NM comm centre).
• £158,366 - Early Years Contribution for use at Bosmere County Primary School through provision of additional classroom space and/or associated facilities).
• £682,136 - Education Contribution
• £57,000 - Highways Contribution for improvements to the bus infrastructure on B1113 and/or adjacent roads.
• £33,706 - Library Contribution for additional capacity or enhanced facilities at NM Library.
• £91,000 - Medical Contribution for the provision of additional healthcare capacity at Barking Road Surgery.
• £20,750 - Police Contribution towards purchase of a police vehicle.
• £13,566 - Waste Contribution for waste services serving the Development including enhanced household waste recycling facilities in Stowmarket.
Q: How will the site be accessed by construction traffic?
Q: Mud on the road
· While we are using the Lower Street entrance we will be conducting regular road inspections and conduct road cleaning to avoid disturbances to you and your neighbours.
· If you have any specific concerns regarding this please get in touch via email@example.com our Freephone 0800 0352874.
Q: Noise complaints (generators, etc.)
This site will be situated off Ipswich Road, with an approximate postcode of IP6 8EL. The development will have a wide mix of properties, consisting of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, 2 bedroom coach houses and terraced houses, 3 bedroom terraced, linked detached and detached houses, 3 and 4 bedroom town houses and 4 bedroom linked detached and detached houses.
We are hoping to launch this site mid 2017 with a show home due in October 2017 with around 265 units available.